Advice and support for community-led housing
Early support can make a huge difference in helping a new community-led housing group to become established, particularly in helping them understand the process of becoming an incorporated organisation and the responsibilities upon them.
Many groups may require guidance and support to deal with issues such as:
- Choosing a suitable legal form
- Taking on roles within an organisation
- Realising their vision on paper as a project proposal
- Working with the wider community
- Identifying funding sources
- Developing a business plan and deciding the best way forward/procurement route
This is time intensive work and requires a consistent, experienced and professional approach.