Christmas Safety Advice
Chichester District Community Safety Partnership and Community Wardens are reminding residents to be on their guard and not to leave presents and purses on show during the Christmas period. They are offering seasonal advice to prevent people falling victim to opportunist thieves who may target homes where gifts are left under the tree.
Advice for residents:
- Put presents under the tree as close to Christmas Day as possible.
- Make sure windows and doors are locked at all times, even if someone is at home.
- Try not to leave presents on show in the car as this can act as an invitation to thieves.
- Try not to put empty packaging outside the house for rubbish collections. Again, this can act as an advert to thieves about any expensive Christmas presents inside the house. Break boxes down smaller or make sure they are firmly inside the recycling bin away from prying eyes.
- Make sure that purses and wallets are safely inside bags especially when you are out and about in busy shopping centre
.In the run up to Christmas, remember to stay safe online. Whether you’re buying a present or booking a Christmas getaway, there are lots of checks and tips available to help you protect your information when you make a purchase online. Visit www.getsafeonline.org