[Closed] House Rules
12/11/2019 4:04 pm
These rules have been put in place as they are important for your own safety, the safety of others and to avoid causing offence. Violation of these rules may result in suspension of your membership to the forum.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- No defamatory comments.A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs.
- No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Avoid contempt of courtwhich means not posting anything that risks prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
- Do not incite people to commit any crime,including incitement of racial hatred.
- Avoid breaking a court injunction (for example, naming an individual or speculating as to their current whereabouts after a court has issued an injunction against doing so).
- Do not make multiple postings.So that we can publish comments from as many different people as possible, participants should keep their number of contributions per debate to a reasonable level. Multiple posts from one individual, or small number of individuals, discourages many others who might otherwise wish to take part.
- No personal information.It is not acceptable to publicise your or anyone else's contact details including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service.
- No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs).If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion, please inform the Have Your Say moderators via the Contact Us link.
- Post in English only.Posts containing languages other than English may be removed. Common greetings and salutations in languages other than English may be acceptable.
- No inappropriate user names
- No impersonating- Impersonating someone (including other members) is unacceptable.